Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Holding Beauty;Dreams

I stare at the little girl in font of me. . what a pleasing picture, her hand wrapped around her fathers’ thumb, while He holds her tightly. This is real enchantment, a father’s love for his daughter. Worship music ushers in Gods presences. I lift my hands and close my eyes.

But the little girl, continues to captivate my thoughts. Something doesn’t fit. . Startled, I realized what I’m missing. The girl wasnt INSTANTLY beautiful she BECAME beautiful.. Nine months of WAITING, morning sickness, lying awake at night worrying, followed by PAIN birthed this child. Such are all things with God…. time and labor equaling love.

I open my eyes, those around me sing “How Great is Our God” as an angle turns from her daddy and waves. I find my self waving back … yes, beauty does exist after ashes.Dreams are real, but how many times do i quit before i get to hold them?


For those of you who are in the “ wait & pain” period don’t give up…. one day you will hold your dreams. Isaiah 61:3 to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, that beauty should be given unto them instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of the spirit of heaviness: that they might be called terebinths of righteousness, the planting of Jehovah, that he may be glorified.

1 comment:

Glory Revealed said...

I think this is why it is so important to always remember what you are hoping for. Never lose sight of the promises of God. Meditate on them day and night. Remember what He has done, remember His faithfulness, and look forward to what He will do in the future.