Thursday, August 2, 2007

Paper Clip

Have you ever noticed… the way people walk? I remember the first pageant Jordan was in, they spent time teaching her how to walk. Where to place your feet, which foot goes in font…. I’m sure it was a lot of work. After the pageant I proclaimed to Jordan and my entire family that I would never be in a pageant. I couldn’t walk a crossed a stage in high hills much less in a bathing suit. In fact, when I was in Auxiliary I was so bad at placing my feet to the timing …. I was given a personal assistant to teach me. It took all day, and when it was announced that “Ashley “could walk to rhythm, I had a group of onlookers who applauded.

I am “that girl” the one who is forever tripping over a box a hundred feet away from her. On several occasions I have almost face planted it in font of a customer…. Lets be honest, if I cant walk in flip flops with out making a mess of my self then, I would hate to imagine walking in 2inch hills. Anyone who can dance, literally amazes me. There was a classmate in high school on the dance team that it seems as if she was floating on air with each step she took.

Yes there are many ways people walk. You have your business man on a mission he looks like a bulldozer, to any poor victim trapped in his walking path. Your dancers who glide and make walking look like art. There is even the Occasional we’re just sooooooooo wonderful “ you need “ to watch the way we move people.

Some times in the mist of such great walkers I feel inadequate and embarrassed. God why do I have to be the person who would trip over a paper clip? I get hung up on feeling insecure that I miss the point, God never told us how to walk he simply said that we should. Who cares if you’re a dancer, a bulldozer, a paper clip, or a need to watch the way I move…… it’s the movement that matters. Fear of failing, disappointments can paralyze us…. Which is the worse kind of walking! Standing still.

A quote from the move ever after says it the best.
although they did live happily ever after, the point gentlemen is that they lived …

Put aside your fears, and insecurities , Take the chance to live, to walk even if you are a paper clip girl like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.