Thursday, May 8, 2008

The place where ash lays: Sleep

Blood drips, ash lays gently in the misted of a battle. The camera shifts revealing those who scamper away from horror trying to locate safety. Amongst this calamity some men fight while others emerge stunned and lost. I slump against my chair, watching the war story unfold. I am mystified.

Fleeing comrades I can sympathize with. Fight men, wow, I’m enthralled by their courage but the idiots who doing nothing? How inept are they? Wake up from your slumber be a man, be a woman, and progress beyond fear.

Choking on popcorn cornels . ….. The “do nothing soldiers” convict me. Asleep: never awakened to Gods depth, Afraid: pondering where he will lead... they are numb. Maintaining a relationship with God is more than love. It is determination.... past yellow brick roads and candy canes to the place where ash lays…..


God be real to me. Force me to fight…. to see you for who you are. Never allow me to forget the war that surrounds my world, the war that is within me. awaken those who sleep

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Though they are dead, can they come alive?

10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army. 11 Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, 'Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.' 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. Ezekiel 37:10-13

The Lord will go before us and fight, and bring victory. Therefore, we don't need to worry about victory, but obedience instead.

Of course, waking up is necessary too. What will it take?

Kimba The White Lioness said...

Hello sweetie! It's so nice to see you blog once again! I have missed you - but understand, of course, that you have been busy w/ school. I popped in a few times over the past couple months, but figured you'd drop by when back. Glad you did!

Wow, what to say about this passage in your blog... I am at a loss for words (which doesn't happen often).

Of course, I sense the mix of emotion, the turmoil, the hope, the desolation... all the things that life involves.

But this one thing I know: He lives. He is still in control. He "is".

Be blessed!

Glory Revealed said...

Ashley, my friend, I look forward to the next time you share your thoughts on your blog. :)