Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Star Giver: Healing

The ride to Medford, on December 27, at 8:00pm is a moment I will never forget.… words from a song :catch a falling star and put it in your pocket save it for a rainy day mirrored my feelings. I was in the back seat of a car crammed with people. Not caring about our destination , thinking anything would be better than staying at home. How alone i felt. The world was void of laughter. Suddenly, someone named Kayla, walked into my storm commanding peace. How sweet was the grace that held me, that prayed over me. Even with the whys, and tears i had from my grandpa's death, kayla showed me the love of God... Discovering your not with out hope, someone else is in the vast darkness with you, is a great gift. .. A star.I often wonder if Kayla knew the song she brought to life. The star she gave? Or how it is still healing me.

Kayla when I really need it, you gave me your star. Who could be alone when they have a friend like you? May God remember you, the price you pay… and give you his goodness as you turn 18. Happy Birthday! Love you!

No comments: