Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Smile: Gods leading

He stood ridged, his eyes welling up with tears. Blond hair, tan skin slightly sun burnt, a young guy in his late twenties, my customer sure didn’t fit the profile for dysfunctional. I wondered….. what was the cause behind his tears? Seeing my puzzlement glance he opened his mouth and spoke. I excepted Jesus into my heart yesterday. I ummmm just wanted you to know. Ok? His voice sounded tight. I could barely keep shock from entering my expression, Are you serious?. Yes I’m serious Ashley. He countered, it’s… I mean…… God’s love …… well ….his words continued faltering, until silence hung suspended between us. How often had I prayed he would except Jesus? How many times had we argued about God? More than I could count. A smile breathed on my lips. My customer Jim grinned ineptly back at me, before abruptly darting outside the bank’s glass door.

God chuckles; he watches me lightly touch salvation's beams, I'm stunned by the shiver i encounter from my caress. What if the opportunity to meet Jim hadn't taken place ? What then? Would Grace orchestrate someone else to take my place? Who knows? I ponder Gods leading...and smile

leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go but ought to be." -- Rosalynn Smith Carter

Isaiah 43:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These thing I have determined to do [ for them]; I will not leave them forsaken.

No comments: