Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Winter: Memories

Generally I decide my attire relatively easy, yet here I standing speculating. Clothes don’t articulate a life or death situation.. Frustrated I pull a red long sleeve shirt off the hanger and wiggle the material over my head. I glance into my bathroom mirror, noticing its reflection. The red turns my ghostly skin milky white; and allows my green eyes to resonate…. I look alive.. So why do i hate this picture?
Unexpectedly a memory touches me, and i discover my answer. Should I throw the shirt away? Or keep my top until I enjoy the memories it inflicts? Sigh, Maybe I'll lay it in my closet with other, Oregon winter, i dont wear. How, I hate recalling last December...

Whether it is a good memory or a bad memory winter leaves nothing forgotten, my friend Kayla speaks the truth. Why else, would our Holiday season get mixed reviews? It reveals memories left in the closet, memoirs too bitter or sweet. ummm.....should we allow thoughts to define us, reminiscing in the past till it determines our future? Or do we throw them away, and let a piece of us die? What a dilemma...I reach down and pick up my shirt, my memories.I think ill drop them off at Salvation Army. I've wasted enough tears. Let God give me a taxes write off, and grant someone else the wear of my lessens learned.…. Exchanging old attire for bright new memories, is his specialty. Yes…… winter leaves nothing forgotten.



Isaiah 43:18-19 Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold; I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.

No comments: